Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar

Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar
All Photos & contents in this blog are protected by copyrights.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Yohji Yamamoto and "israel Fashion Art"

A Yohji Yamamoto creation in Holon Design Museum, July 14, 2012
Hi, Since I was unable to attend the official opening of Yohji Yamamoto's exhibit several days ago at the Holon Design Museum I attended it yesterday. It was very important to me to view this most exciting exhibit for several reasons. Firstly, I am a great admirer of Japan's visual culture in general and of the Paris Japanese fashion designers in particular. Besides that, in the 80s I served as vice-chairman of the Israel-Japan Friendship Association which is marking this year its 60s 
anniversary.
 . I also befriended artist Kojiro Akagi the former editor of GAP-JAPAN magazine during his visit to Israel. He attended here an international press meeting and at his request I introduced him to a number of young upcoming Israeli fashion designers about whom he published two articles in two issues of GAP-JAPAN.


Since, the Paris Japanese designers' influence on fashion was very dominant for quite a number of years - in my book "Israel Fashion Art"                       "שיכרון עיצובים - אמנות האופנה בישראל"
I devoted one of the chapters to the far-eastern influence on western fashion in general and on Israeli designers in particular. Not forgetting the classical Japanese garments, the avan-guard Paris Japanese revolutionary creations, and even today's Tokyo's street fashion which originated in their picturesque comic magazines. 


Although I was very impressed by Yamamoto's outstanding Holon's exhibit in general - the one design that I was most enchanted by was the sculptural one in the above photo. Hope you like it too.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Andrea Rosen and I am the art director at Jaffa Bar in Yafo. My partner, stylist Anna Pashin, and I are hosting a fashion show entitled FASHION FORWARD this Friday, July 20th, at 18:00 at Jaffa Bar. We are featuring the collections of First Kiss, Dina Glass, and Sketch.

    Since I cannot include the press release in this comment, here is the Facebook invite for all information. https://www.facebook.com/events/420340168008352/

    We are featuring models from all over the world, including Anitra Lourie. Tapas will be provided by Chef Nir Tsook.

    I would love it if you would join us!

    Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

    Best,
    Andrea Rosen
    asrosen84@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great post and the picture posted is awesome... Thanks for sharing it!!!

    Fashion Art

    ReplyDelete