Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar

Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar
All Photos & contents in this blog are protected by copyrights.

Friday, June 17, 2011

"Israel Fashion Art" FB's Fan Club reached 1,900 Fans

A Menahem Oz photo exclusive to "Israel Fashion Art"
"שיכרון עיצובים - אמנות האופנה בישראל"
album-book of an Alon Siman-Tov creation. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar.

Hi, Today I would like to share with you the happy event regarding the book's Facebook Fan Cub which marks over 1900 fans. Thanks so much dear

"Israel Fashion Art" fans.

During my many years as "Yedioth Ahronoth" fashion editor I was always eager to discover new talents, young designers uninhibited by conventions and marketing limitations. Usually, I would find such free spirits in the fashion academies. I would then initiate stylised editorials which provided the imaginative students a springboard to fame and success and my newspaper readers an exciting aesthetic experience. Thus I fully iidentified with Diana Vreeland's motto: My purpose is to show my fashion readers things they don't even know they want.

One of the unique creations I discovered at Shenkar College of Engineering and Design was the above hat by Alon Siman-Tov. Alon designed it within a hat design course taught by creative hat-designer Gil Becher his inspiration being the film "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids". His was one of about five-seven hats I selected for the editorial, and the only one which ended up in the album-book.

Like many of the students whose unique and exciting designs were included in the book - after his graduation Alon became a very successful designer who left his mark on the international arena. Among the Fashion Houses he designed for were Enrico Coveri, Roberto Cavali and Levi's accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment