Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar

Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar
All Photos & contents in this blog are protected by copyrights.

Friday, March 5, 2010

ISRAEL FASHION ART 1948-2008 on YOAV GINAI radio program


Hi,
Today, I had the pleasue and honor to be interviewed by cultue Radio & TV star Yoav Ginai on Kol Israel (Voice of Israel) Reshet Bet's "MA IYEH" program.
Waiting for my turn I enjoyed the presence of three divas Cheni Nachmias, Rona Mesinger and Rivka Raz who were interviewed before me.
After the short interview about "ISRAEL FASHION ART 1948-2008"
"שיכרון עיצובים - אמנות האופנה בישראל"
Yoav Ginai told me that he had decided to invite me to his highly respected radio program after discovering my album-book in a book store and realising it's a one-of-kind book with striking visuals and text of a very wide all-inclusive scope. I highly appreciate Yoav Ginai's interest in my book since in addition to his radio program he also heads the culture department of TV' ch. 1. and is about to be awarded AKUM's award for his tribute to Israel's culture.
The program producer Haya, said she was overwhelmed by the album-book's quality and its
remarkable beauty as well as by its importance to our cultural heritage
She also said it could be a hit overseas, showing to people outside of Israel a different facet of the country's culture & its unique contribution to the fashion arena.

Several other enjoyable things had happened recently. I've recieved additional personal heart-warming e-mail and phone responses about the book. Since I've gathered them into a "Word" page which Google's Blogger doesn't enable to paste here I might re-type only a few of them here at some later point in time.

Also, The Walla-Fashion website published the first chapter of the book along with some of its visuals. One of them is this 1977 design by Rozi Ben-Yosef for "RIKMA" taken by Sami Ben-Gad.

And last but not least, Greer Fay Cashman of THE JERUSALEM POST wrote in her "Grapevine" page some very nice things which I'll quote here in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment